Our experts in immigration law can assist you to ensure you comply with the extensive and frequently changing laws and regulations in this area of the law.

Our immigration experts are dedicated, to providing exceptional service and will assist, guide and advise you through the process.

For individuals we provide assistance through the process, so whether our clients require temporary work visas, permanent residence or citizenship, we are here to help. 


Skilled Migration Program.

If you have a particular level of tertiary education and skill set from overseas, you may be eligible to lodge an ‘Expression of Interest’ to join the Skilled Migration Program with the Department of Migration. If the ‘Expression of Interest’ is successful you will then be invited by the Australian Government to apply for a permanent residency visa under the Skilled Migration Program including 189 and 190 Visa. If granted, you would generally have a pathway to apply for Australian citizenship.


Partner Visa and Citizenship

If you’re an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen the partner visa (Australia) allows your partner to live in Australia.  You must be over the age of eighteen, married, or provide evidence of a de facto relationship, and then you may be able to apply for temporary residency, then permanent residency and ultimately Australian citizenship.


Visa Problem Solving

If you’ve had a visa refused or cancelled, our experts have the experience and skills to manage these difficult and complex situations.  Refusals and cancellations will often involve complex Judicial Review issues, requiring us to engage expert migration barristers to work alongside us in the:

  • Migration and Refugee Division of the Administrative Appeals Tribunal;
  • Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia; and
  • On occasion the High Court of Australia.


Bridging Visa

If you are in Australia and become unlawful, with no visa, there are ways to remedy the situation. Our experts can assist you by applying for a Bridging Visa E (BVE), repairing your unlawful status and allowing you to remain in the country legally, while the Tribunal and/or Court matters are ongoing.  In addition to the BVE, there are other visas we can help with, so if you need assistance, moving to, working in, or staying in Australia, please give us a call.


Work and Skills-Based Visa

The 482 Visa allows overseas residents to live and work in Australia for 2-4 years, depending on the role.  This visa is only available for skilled roles that employers have been unable to fill from the Australian workforce.  The 482 Visa can lead to permanent residency for your workers.


Tourist visas

Tourist Visas (also known as visitor visas) are available for travellers to visit Australia for up to 12 months on any one stay. Citizens of certain countries have access to the Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) system which is generally a fast and easy visa process that will provide a maximum of a 3 month stay in Australia.  Other visitor visas can be obtained for overseas family and friends who wish to visit you in Australia. Some visitor visa applicants need to show they have sufficient funds to support their planned time in Australia. We can assist with all types of visitor visas.

At Nicole Dunn Lawyers we know how important it is to maintain good working and professional relationships to ensure workplace harmony.

Sydney Office

Suite 2.01
491 Kent Street

Darwin Office

Suite 1
84 Woods Street

Nicole Dunn Lawyers acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land on which we work and live. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elders past, present and emerging. We celebrate the stories, culture, and traditions of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elders of all communities who also work and live on this land.