Our experts in migration law can assist you, as a business owner to ensure you comply with the extensive and frequently changing laws and regulations in this area.

Our migration experts are dedicated, to providing exceptional service and will assist and guide you through the process and provide you with advice on your rights and obligations as an employer of overseas workers.


Australian Business sponsors

For business owners and organisations who need to engage people with skills from overseas to work in their organisations we can advise on permanent visas and citizenship, and work and skills-based visas.

A business needs to be at least an approved Standard Business Sponsor to sponsor foreign 482 workers. We can guide you through the entire process and help to maximise your business’ prospects of being approved as a Business Sponsor for Skilled Migrant Work Visas.


Work and Skills-Based Visa

The 482 Visa allows overseas residents to live and work in Australia for 2-4 years, depending on the role. This visa is only available for skilled roles that employers have been unable to fill from the Australian workforce. The 482 Visa can lead to permanent residency for your worker.


Visa Problem Solving

If you’ve had a visa refused or cancelled, our experts have the experience and skills to manage these difficult and complex situations. Refusals and cancellations will often involve complex Judicial Review issues, requiring us to engage expert migration barristers to work alongside us in the:

  • Migration and Refugee Division of the Administrative Appeals Tribunal;
  • Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia; and
  • On occasion the High Court of Australia.


Partner Visas

If you have an employee who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen and they need assistance with a partner visa to permit their partner to live in Australia, we can assist. The employee must be over 18, married, or provide evidence of a de facto partnership. We can help them throughout the process.


Student visas

We also help lots of students come to Australia. We are connected with some leading education agents that focus on helping students from many countries gain entry to Australia utilising our expertise in advising, preparing and lodging student visa applications. We can advise you on your rights and obligations in providing work to those on student visas.


Bridging visas

If you have a worker who is in Australia and becomes unlawful, with no visa, there are ways to remedy the situation.

Certain bridging visas allow your worker to stay in Australia while their next visa application is being processed by the Department of Home Affairs. Attaining bridging visas can be a highly complicated process. We can assist with all the issues and processes as they arise, including making applications to vary conditions of the bridging visa, such as permitting work and study rights for your workers.

At Nicole Dunn Lawyers we know how important it is to maintain good working and professional relationships to ensure workplace harmony.

Sydney Office

Suite 2.01
491 Kent Street

Darwin Office

Suite 1
84 Woods Street

Nicole Dunn Lawyers acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land on which we work and live. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elders past, present and emerging. We celebrate the stories, culture, and traditions of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elders of all communities who also work and live on this land.